Our Board of Directors
Interested in Joining Our Board of Directors?
Board Member Position
Project Encore AZ is led by an all-volunteer board that is responsible for strategy, resources and on-going monitoring of the organization. The Board is looking for new members for a two-year term.
A member of the Board of Directors is responsible for ensuring that the Project Encore AZ fulfills its mission by planning for the future, monitoring operations, and evaluating the organization’s performance. Further, the board member will fulfill the fiduciary responsibilities of the board of directors, making corporate decisions that protect the public interest.
Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
Advance the mission of Project Encore AZ (PEAZ)
- Actively promote the mission of PEAZ, contributing ideas and expertise.
- Be informed about PEAZ’s mission, services, policies, and programs; inform others about the organization, and work to enhance the organization’s public image.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization’s field
Select the Executive Director, Operations Director and Fine Arts Director for the organization
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for the executive staff.
- Support executive team and provide an annual evaluation of their performance.
Ensure effective organizational planning including strategic and financial planning
- Actively participate in the development of a vision and strategic plan for the organization to accomplish the PEAZ mission.
- Determine and monitor the organization’s programs and services.
- Actively review, provide input and approve an organization budgeting to support the organization’s priorities.
Ensure adequate resources, and manage those resources effectively
- Carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of the board, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements, selecting an auditor and receiving the auditor’s report.
- Actively lead and support fundraising activities, assisting in developing new channels for resources.
- Manage resources effectively.
Actively participate in all Board activities
- Attend board meetings in person or by phone.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Serve on a committee and periodically take on special assignments.
- Suggest nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and to the organization.
- Assess the board’s performance.
Enhance the organization’s position and perception with the community
- Support the Executive Director and staff as the public face of the organization.
- Act as an ambassador of the organization for our parent and donor communities.
- Attend concerts and special events.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by PEAZ’s mission, objectives, and programs.
Assure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations
Meetings and Time Commitment
- Mandatory attendance at scheduled Board meetings.
- Participate on at least one supporting/working committee of the board of directors in support of organizational priorities.
Length of Term
One term = three years, with the opportunity to serve additional term(s) upon board approval.
Interested? Please contact us email@example.com